ORWM Attracting Record Number of Exhibitors
|Nielsen Sports Group Press Release||FlashlightNews.org - 12/12/2007|
Outdoor Retailer Winter Market trade show adds 181 new exhibitors, 5% increase from last year
Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Ca. - Outdoor Retailer Winter Market, the leading outdoor industry trade event, is receiving record interest in its 2008 show with 181 new exhibitors and already a 5 percent growth over 2007. Running from Wednesday, January 23, through Saturday, January 26, 2008, at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Outdoor Retailer Winter Market will provide the first opportunity of the year to explore new brands and innovative products in the wintersports and outdoor industry for fall/winter ‘08. Interested exhibitors still have a chance to register for the show; however, spots are filling up quickly.
To best showcase the breadth of brands attending the show, Outdoor Retailer Winter Market will feature several category-specific “zones” and “villages” to more easily connect buyers and manufacturers to generate a sense of interest-specific communities amongst the existing camaraderie of attendees.
“Our goal each year with Outdoor Retailer is to be the best trade show for celebrating, accelerating and advocating the strength of the outdoor sports industry,” said Kenji Haroutunian, show director for Outdoor Retailer. “With significant growth over last year already evident and our positioning as the first trade show for the industry to gather in 2008, we see this year’s show as an unprecedented opportunity for each attendee to make great business progress.”
At Outdoor Retailer Winter Market, brands big and small have a focused and targeted forum to contribute and conduct the business of the outdoors, with key market exposure in the most comprehensive showcase of outdoor companies. Exhibitors at the 2008 show range from returning core brands such as Prana, Patagonia and Salomon to brands re-entering the market such as Nike, Helly Hansen and Thule to first-time appearances from well-established companies like Saucony, Cotton Inc. and Skins USA.
Focus Zones and Villages by category
For Winter Market 2008, Outdoor Retailer will be expanding upon the success of the focused areas featured at the Summer Market show with a variety of categories gathered in distinct sections of the show floor to better serve the market. The following unique areas will be featured at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2008: climbing, winter equipment, apparel, footwear, new exhibitors and green resources.
Other floor features include:
- Endurance Zone – To cater to the growth of endurance sport and multi-sport brands in the winter market, this central area will focus on trail running, duathlon/triathlon, Nordic racing, endurance racing, adventure racing and ultra-marathon product.
- Backcountry Village – To call out the exciting growth in the backcountry riding world, the Outdoor Retailer team has arranged the Backcountry Village at OR, a central space that will welcome the community of athletes/riders, media, guides, manufacturers and retailers whose passion is the winter backcountry. The new area on the show floor will feature backcountry equipment manufacturers and a central lounge/gathering point featuring film and personalities from the ski mountaineering world.
- 4-Season Village – Rounding up the best in tent displays and merchandising for winter, the 4-Season Village will feature outdoor gear that withstands the harshest of conditions.
- Green Box – Although many companies have taken initial steps toward “greening” their business, the Green Box will feature a grouping of companies that have deeply incorporated the green concept into their business model.
- Expanded Design Center – Outdoor Retailer’s best Design Center yet, this expanded area will provide a valuable resource for designers and product developers from around the industry. The Design Center is a venue for learning the latest on fabrics and their variety of uses.
Interested participants and attendees can join this year’s show through the following links:
For additional information and updates on the show, as well as a complete contact list, please visit www.outdoorretailer.com.
About Outdoor Retailer
Outdoor Retailer, produced by the Nielsen Sports Group division of Nielsen Business Media, is the leading outdoor industry business-to-business trade event, bringing together top manufacturers, retailers, industry advocates and media to conduct the business of the recreational outdoors. Currently in its 26th successful year, OR gathers approximately 40,000 attendees on a semi-annual basis for both Fall/Winter/Holiday and Spring/Summer markets. The Nielsen Sports Group, headquartered in San Juan Capistrano, Calif., and its predecessor companies have been in the exposition and conference business for over 35 years.