Pelican Products, Inc. Press Release
FlashlightNews.org - 2/1/2011
TORRANCE, Ca. - Scott Ermeti (Vice President of International Business) of Pelican Products, Inc. will join U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke as one of 24 U.S. companies on a business development mission to India. The delegation will make stops in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore to explore export opportunities in India's expanding industrial sectors of civil-nuclear trade, defense and security, civil aviation, and information and communication technologies. The mission will include senior officials from the Export-Import Bank (EX-IM) and the Trade Development Agency (TDA).
Pelican is the global leader in the design and manufacture of both high-performance case and packaging solutions and advanced portable lighting systems. Preferred by professionals who work in extreme conditions specifically aerospace, defense, military, security and public safety, Pelican products are backed by an industry-leading guarantee of excellence. From packaging and protecting UAV's in Iraq, to safely transporting and storing sensitive avionics, Pelican's products are trusted to perform in harsh environments time and time again.
"Pelican is committed to strengthening its presence in international markets and bringing quality products and service to its customers across the globe. We welcome the opportunity to participate in this business development mission," said company CEO Lyndon Faulkner. "Having been recently appointed by U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke to the Trade Advisory Committee on Aerospace Equipment, Scott Ermeti, Pelican's Vice President of International Business, brings with him a fresh perspective and wealth of international business experience that will complement the mission's efforts," he added.
The India business development mission will help build on the exporting success U.S. companies had in 2010 - up 17 percent compared to the same period in 2009. Exports represent a critical part of the economy and are a key component of the Obama administration's efforts to spur new job creation. One year ago, President Obama outlined his National Export Initiative (NEI), which seeks to double exports by 2015, in support of several million new U.S. jobs. The NEI enhances the U.S. government's trade promotion efforts, increases credit to businesses - especially small- and medium-sized businesses - looking to export, and continues to improve efforts to remove trade barriers for U.S. companies in foreign markets.
The businesses joining the trade mission are based in 13 states across the country and more than half of them are small- and medium-sized companies.
Other delegation members include:
• ABSi Corporation, Rockville, MD
• Aero Controls, Inc., Auburn, WA
• Curtiss-Wright Flow Control, Brea, CA
• Exelon Nuclear Partners, Kennett Square, PA
• FLIR Systems, Inc., Wilsonville, OR
• Fluidic Energy, Scottsdale, AZ
• GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy, Inc., Wilmington, NC
• Intuit Inc., Mountain View, CA
• Kent Displays, Kent, OH
• Kulite Semiconductor Products, Inc., Leonia, NJ
• Lockheed Martin Corporation, Bethesda, MD
• nLIGHT Corporation, Vancouver, WA
• North Star Aerospace, Inc., Auburn, WA
• NuScale Power, Inc., Portland, OR
• Oshkosh Corporation, Oshkosh, WI
• Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
• Rajant Corporation, Malvern, PA
• Rapiscan Systems Inc., Torrance, CA
• The Boeing Company, Chicago, IL
• Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Waltham, MA
• Transco Products, Inc., Chicago, IL
• VeriSign, Inc., Mountain View, CA
• Westinghouse Electric Company LLC, Monroeville, PA
Visit the Commerce Department's India trade mission website at trade.gov/indiamission2011 for updates on the trade mission.
About Pelican Products, Inc.
Pelican™ Products, Inc. is the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases. After acquiring Hardigg Industries in December 2008, the company now operates in 12 countries, with 22 offices and five manufacturing facilities across the globe. For more information, visit Pelican.com, hardigg.com, or behrmancap.com.