Coleman Introduces Exponent LED HeadlampsThe Coleman Company, Inc. Press Release
FlashlightNews.org - 6/18/2007
Headlamps and handhelds feature .5 watt LUXEON® and 1 watt Cree XLamp® XR-E LEDs
Coleman® Exponent® 4AA 1-Watt Headlamp
WICHITA, Ks. - Coleman’s new Exponent® line of battery-powered headlamps merges convenience with rugged quality. These bright LED lights featuring LEDs are lightweight, durably constructed, and were created to meet the demands of today’s adventure lifestyles. Beyond their rugged functionality, they are easy to use, easy to pack, easy to carry, and relatively easy on the pocketbook.
The allure of hands-free operation makes headlamps a popular choice among adventurers. The Exponent line offers two model choices – a 3AAA .5-Watt Headlamp and a 4AA 1-Watt Headlamp. The 3AAA model has five .5-watt LEDs – three bright white and two red. The 4AA model also has five LEDs – one ultra bright white 1-watt Cree Xlamp® XR-E LED in the center, two bright white .5-watt bulbs, and two red .5-watt bulbs. Both models can be switched to a wide-beam path of light with the red LEDs providing enhanced night vision. An emergency strobe mode is provided on both models. The headlamps each have three-strap headbands for a snug fit that is comfortable yet secure.
3AAA .5-Watt Headlamp
- Bright .5-watt white LUXEON® LED shines for approximately16-hours
- Two white ultra bright .5-watt LEDs for diffused area light light for around nine hours
- Together, the three white LEDs provide a wide-beam path of light for up to five hours
- Two red .5-watt LEDs for enhanced night vision and will burn for up to eight hours
- Emergency strobe mode will flash for up to 12 hours
- Three straps on headband for added comfort
- Operates on 3AAA alkaline batteries, included
- Weighs 4.5 ounces including batteries
- MSRP: $34.99
4AA 1-Watt Headlamp
- Ultra bright 1-watt white Cree Xlamp® XR-E LED runs for up to 17 hours
- Two white ultra bright .5-watt LEDs for diffused area light for around 12 hours
- Three white LEDs provide a wide-beam path of light for approximately six hours
- Two red .5-watt LEDs for enhanced night vision for around eight hours
- Emergency strobe mode operates for up to 13 hours
- Three straps on headband for added comfort
- Operates on 4AA alkaline batteries, included
- Includes fleece storage bag
- Weighs 8 ounces including batteries
- MSRP: $44.99
About Coleman Exponent Products:
The Coleman® Exponent® product line is available exclusively through sporting goods and outdoor retailers throughout the United States, and select Exponent products are available in Canada, Australia and Latin America. The Coleman Company, Inc. is an international leader in the innovation and marketing of outdoor products, including its legendary lanterns, as well as stoves, tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, coolers, furniture and grills. Its products are sold and used all over the world. Coleman embraces its leadership role as an advocate for the outdoors, contributing to outdoor causes and inspiring people to get outside. Founded in 1900 and based in Wichita, Kan., Coleman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jarden Corporation, and can be found online at www.coleman.com. Consumers can contact Coleman by phone at 800-835-3278 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coleman® and Exponent® are registered trademarks of The Coleman Company, Inc. LUXEON® is a registered trademark of Lumileds Lighting. Cree Xlamp® is a registered trademark of Cree Inc.
About Jarden Corporation
Jarden Corporation is a leading provider of niche consumer products used in and around the home. Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Branded Consumables: Ball®, Bee®, Bicycle®, Crawford®, Diamond®, First Alert®, Forster®, Hoyle®, JavaLog®, Kerr®, Lehigh®, Leslie-Locke®, Loew- Cornell® and Pine Mountain®; Consumer Solutions: Bionaire®, Crock- Pot®, FoodSaver®, Harmony®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Patton®, Rival®, Seal-a-Meal®, Sunbeam®, VillaWare® and White Mountain™; and Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Campingaz®, Coleman®, Fenwick®, Gulp®, Mitchell®, Stren® and Trilene®. Headquartered in Rye, N.Y., Jarden has over 20,000 employees worldwide. For more information, please visit www.jarden.com.Headquartered in Rye, N.Y., Jarden has more than 20,000 employees worldwide.
For more information, please visit www.jarden.com.